Crypto markets grow rapidly and are heavily fragmented across exchanges and products. As a result, there’s a significant need for liquidity for an efficient and decentralized digital asset ecosystem.
At Fourstroke, we’re seizing this opportunity with our in-house build market-making platform that’s tailored to cryptocurrency markets. With our platform we capitalize on cross-exchange, cross-product, and cross-protocol (defi) market-making opportunities. We are securely funded, and we have a multi-year track record of high and consistent trading revenue.
Our team currently consists of the two co-founders, who have a strong background in software engineering and product management. They are passionate about developing cutting-edge trading software and want to accelerate the development of their market-making platform by expanding their team with two talented software engineers.
Are you a software engineer? Then this could be your opportunity to join an ambitious cryptocurrency trading startup as one of the first employees. You’ll get a huge opportunity to shape, not just our platform, but the industry as well.
What you will do
As one of the first employees at Fourstroke you will work closely with the co-founders to optimize and expand our market-making platform. The dev team owns the trading strategy and infrastructure end-to-end, meaning that your activities will be broad.
Here a few examples of projects you will be leading or involved in: optimizing exchange connectors (API/WebSocket clients), implementing new trading algorithms, expanding our analytics framework (we measure everything), driving and implementing architectural improvements, building an A/B testing framework, squeezing out latency across the whole stack, and further automation of our deployment pipeline.
- An university degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have 1-3 years of hands-on experience in writing scalable back-end applications ( internships, private and university projects are included).
- You write efficient, secure, high-quality code and have a good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- You have experience with or are open to learning Typescript, Express, WebSockets, Docker, MongoDB, cloud services, Grafana.
- You are a fast learner who can quickly master new technologies.
- You are based in the Netherlands and willing to work at least 2 days per week at our office in Amsterdam East.
- You like to work with a small and dedicated team.
Nice to haves
- Experience developing blockchain tools, applications, or dApps.
- Prior experience in private crypto trading (e.g. you have built your own trading bots).
- Experience with high performance C++ programming.
What can you expect from us
- A collaborative and energetic work environment. You’ll work directly with the co-founders, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of the company alongside them.
- Although we are a small team, we care about your personal and professional development, and we will give you the support you need to excel in your role.
- A competitive salary and bonus package based on individual and company performance.
- A 14-inch Macbook Pro and headset of choice while you are with us.
- A delightful office in East Amsterdam with a (sweet ass) espresso machine.
- We’ll have a bit of fun along the way as well, including Friday drinks, and team lunches. We’ll also join crypto meetups and conferences with the team (when possible).
How to apply
- Write a short paragraph about yourself and why you are excited about this role
- Send it with your resume or up-to-date LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Best of luck!
Fourstroke Trading is based in Amsterdam,the Netherlands | firstname.lastname@example.org